Copyright 2013 Mobile Techs of St Louis | Mobile Auto Repair & Roadside Assistance Services In St. Louis. | All Rights Reserved.
Winter is on its way to St Louis! Winterize Your Vehicle Early.
Our technicians at Mobile Techs have access to the most extensive training in the automotive industry. Furthermore, we employ ASE-certified technicians for all areas of work performed.
Another winter storm coming? Before you rush to the store for the last gallon of milk and loaf of bread, you’ll want to be sure your car is ready to battle the winter elements in St Louis. Follow these tips winterization tips BEFORE venturing out into the storm.
- Get a Vehicle Tune-Up. Have your mechanic check your hoses, belts and anti-freeze. A weakened hose or belt can break and leave you stranded, or a weak solution of anti-freeze can ice up and damage your cooling system.
- Check Your Car Battery. Make sure the battery connection is clean, tight and free of any corrosion. The battery should be securely mounted. If the battery is three years old or more, have it tested and replace it if necessary.
- Check Your Car's Heater and Defroster. If your heater isn't working, you'll probably know right away. But what about front and rear defrosters? Before you're faced with a frosty windshield, turn your front and rear defrosters on and off to make sure they're working.
- Give Yourself a Brake. If you have the slightest concern that something's amiss with your brakes, get them inspected immediately at Mobile Techs. We offer brake repair and service in St Louis. And remember - If you have anti-lock brakes, you should avoid pumping the brakes if you begin to slide.
- Have Your Exhaust System Checked. Ask your mechanic to double check the exhaust system for leaks, which can emit dangerous carbon monoxide into your car. If you become stuck in the snow and want to run the engine and heater, make sure your tail pipe is clear of the snow and crack open a window to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be fatal.
- Fill up with Washer Fluid. Slush and mud splashed on a windshield can spell danger for a winter driver. Make sure your washer fluid reservoir is sufficiently full, and keep a spare jug in the trunk.
- Consider New Wiper Blades for your vehicle. Even if your car's windshield wiper blades are in good condition, you might want to upgrade to a rubber coated snow blade that can handle the extra weight of wet snow. They're affordable, and could make your winter driving a lot safer in the long run.
- Fill Her Up! One of the best driving tips for winter is to keep your tank more than half full at all times. It will help you avoid freezing in your fuel lines, and will keep you safer in winter weather situations.
Winterize your car / vehicle for the season at Mobile Techs | Car Winterization Services In St Louis Mo
Vehicle / Car / Auto Winterization Services
Get your car winterized and ready for winter
11043 Gravois Industrial Court, St Louis, Mo 63128